Tuesday, June 23, 2009

7 Months!!







OMG, where has the time gone? Seriously, my baby is 7 months old today! Holy cow! Here's an update.

Eating - He's doing better with solid foods. Yesterday morning he eagerly ate about a teaspoon maybe 2 of bananas. Later that afternoon when I tried to give him sweet potato it was a no go. Even when he opened his mouth and I managed to get some in, it came back out. Today he wasn't that interested in the bananas but once I got some in his mouth he ate them. He was more interested in the cat walking around and even the walls than eating. I think the cat was hoping she'd get some food out of it but I don't think she'd like pureed banana. I did buy him puffs and he's had a few, not sure what to think of them but I think they're pretty good. I gave one to the cat, she looked at it like 'What's this?' It's not seafood, chicken or turkey so she didn't know what to do with it.

So far he has had: sweet potato, butternut squash, peas, pears, peaches, apples, bananas, rice cereal & oatmeal. The only ones left to try are green beans & carrots. I already bought some combo 2nd foods so he'll be trying apples & cherries, apples & blueberries and mango. Once I know for sure he's not allergic to banana I'll be able to get more combos of stuff he's already had like pears, apples & banana and stuff he hasn't had like apple strawberry banana, apricots with mixed fruit, banana mixed berry and banana orange medley. He'll also be trying: garden veggie (has spinach), mixed veggie (has potato), sweet potato & corn, oatmeal with pears & cinnamon, apple vanilla mixed grain, banana peach granola and papaya. We are waiting until 9 months to start meats so he won't be having any dinners until then and that's after he has his 9 month check-up. Maybe mac & cheese but we'll see how all the others go.

Sitting - Well he's not doing it yet. Not unassisted anyway. I'm practicing with him everyday though so he'll get it soon. He is pretty good at sitting hunched over holding his ankles or with his hands on the floor to support him but he'll only stay like that a few minutes before getting fussy.

Thankfully he's still sleeping through the night (knock on wood) except for a few nights this past week but most nights he sleeps 12 hours with maybe one wake up for his paci. He doesn't nap much though, he has become a cat napper. He takes 3-5 30 minute cat naps a day which make it kind of hard to get anything done. Other than that he's growing like a weed. Now wearing all 6-9 month or 9 month clothes and in size 3 diapers, so far I like the Pampers Cruisers.

No comments: