Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Making Baby Food

Frozen Carrots

Frozen Plums & Sweet Potatoes

Carrots

Sweet Potatoes


So I have been inspired by the gals from my bulletin board to try my hand at making baby food. So far I have made plums, sweet potatoes & carrots. I have 8 servings each of plums & sweet potatoes and 16 of carrots. I made the carrots this past weekend and just for fun gave Joshua a taste. He wasn't interested. What little managed to get in his mouth he spit out or I should say it came out because he didn't really spit it out. He still has the tongue thrust reflex which keeps newborns from choking. His tongue pushes out anything that isn't liquid. He also wouldn't open his mouth for more even when I made the spoon an airplane. Oh well, I guess he's not ready yet.

No comments: