Monday, September 28, 2009


Here's how our weekend went. Friday afternoon we went to Babies R Us, I bought diapers and a fleece pullover for Joshua to wear when the weather gets cold. We had take out chinese for dinner and Joshua went to bed at his usual 7:30.

Saturday morning he woke up at 6:30, went back to sleep after nursing and woke up at 8. The weather was nice & cool, in the high 60's and it was cloudy so it stayed cool even when the temperature rose. We decided it was the perfect morning to go back to the zoo since we have a membership until June we might as well use it. It was perfect! Joshua was even a delight, he didn't fuss one bit just enjoyed his ride in the stroller. He didn't care too much about the animals but that's ok, it was actually nice to be out with him for a change. As soon as we got home all of that changed, he was a bear for the rest of the day. A grumpy, cranky, crabby, fussy bear. I wanted to take him back to the zoo since he was so happy while we were there. We went out to CiCi's for dinner, our usual since he loves to chew on pizza crust which keeps him happy long enough for us to eat. He went to bed at 7:30 after a bath.

Sunday morning he was up at 6:30, went back to sleep after nursing and woke up for the day at 8. We went to a neighborhood yard sale where I bought him a jacket and a few items in 18 month size for about $5, all brand new still with tags. Then we went to Wal-Mart. The rest of the day was about like Saturday. We took him out the park since he loves to swing in the baby swing and it distracted him for a bit but not for long. He took a 2 hour nap at 4 so the rest of the evening wasn't pleasant once he woke up. He fell asleep at 8 but the minute I put him in his crib he woke up. Same thing happened at 9. He was finally in his crib for the night at 10. He'll sleep in right? WRONG! He was still up at 6:30 and we finally got him at 7 since it was clear he wasn't going back to sleep. He's asleep now thankfully and has been for almost an hour.

Something else not so pleasant happened on Friday. About a month ago, the same time his top two front teeth broke through, I got a bleeding crack on my right side from him biting instead of nursing. It took about 3 days of me pumping only on that side for it to heal. Well he must have done something this past week because it happened again. So since Friday afternoon I have been pumping on that side. Hopefully today is the last day of that.

I almost forgot something good that happened yesterday. Joshua polished off 2 containers of baby food for the first time! Normally he eats 1/2 of anything, even something he really likes but yesterday and again this morning he finished what was in the containers! Yesterday it was apples w/pomegranate juice and carrot apple mango. This morning it was pear blueberry oat. It does have to be something he likes though. He'll eat veggies as long as they're mixed with fruit and he does like apple chicken. He's still not eating stage 3 unless it's fruit and even then it has to be tiny pieces of fruit like what's in the Beech Nut homestyle line. I keep trying though, we have a couple of stage 3 meals to try this week.

No comments: