Sunday, November 22, 2009

Happy Very First Birthday Joshua!

I can't believe it, really and truly how is it possible that one year ago today I was lying in a hospital bed having contractions? In less than 4 hours it will have been 1 year and Joshua will be 1 year old! Happy Very First Birthday baby boy! What an amazing year, my first year as a Mommy! It just boggles my mind so much that I can't think about it or I will cry. Tomorrow when we give him a little cake and sing maybe it will hit me harder. It was the most amazing moment of my life and then I was terrified since they took him up to the NICU. I will never forget seeing him there, so tiny and helpless. The day he came home was wonderful, it was Thanksgiving and we had so much to be thankful for! I remember being afraid; I had this tiny little life that I was now in charge of, it was amazing and terrifying all at the same time. It was weeks before I felt comfortable being alone with him. Now it's no big deal. I love you more than I can express and look forward to all the future has to bring!

No comments: